Monday, November 21, 2011

Crisis in the Kitchen

I knew this day would come sooner or later. It was only a matter of time. Living with another person, it is inevitable that they will pick up the slack and do the chores once in a while. For me, that day was today.

Friends, my Live-in Girlfriend (LIGF) did the dishes.

I suppose I should be elated, because, let's face it, doing the dishes blows. And doing the dishes in such a way that you hope will entertain people just adds to the pressure. But I had such an amazing episode of LWND lined up for tomorrow night. It was to be an emotional rollercoaster in which I pointed out that starting a dishes blog has led to a situation where I am now the sole dish washer of this household. It was going to be introspective and reflective and other words ending in "ive" (like pejorative, informative and beehive, to name a few). It was going to be titled "This blog is the worst idea I ever had."

:(
But mostly, it was going to be a guilt trip to get LIGF to do the dishes.

Alas, LIGF beat me to my game before I even had a chance to play. I'm too distraught to go on.
---
Cleaned: Nothing

Completion time: 0 minutes

Playlist: Whatever.

Join me Thursday for a very stupid Thanksgiving special in which maybe I do the dishes or maybe I slip into a coma of self loathing. Or don't. I don't care...

No, toooootally j.k.ing!!!! It's gonna rock harder than a Danzig concert in a volcano!!!! Plus, LIGF totally bought me some baller headphones today. S'all good!

2 comments:

  1. I will say that you stack the dishes much better than her. However, I do have some questions that I feel your readers would like to know. What soap do you use? sponge or dish brush? both... etc. For being about washing dishes, I must say I've been left with more questions than answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've revealed the essence of this blog.

    ReplyDelete